Sunday, March 25, 2007

US Atomic Bombing of Japan in 1945


I disagree wih the article. No I do not think that the US Bombing of Japan should have been the number 1 news story of the century. Even though this bombing killed thousands of innocent lives there were many other top stories that are stil affecting our world critically today. The US misconception and stupidity was very important but wasnt really key to me. Thou many Japanese people still suffer from radiation and other defects caused by the war I still think there were many storeis that were happening in our own country that topped this. I cannot think of anything else that I would add to that list of New articles at this time.


A bigger story would be I feel the finding of the Aids epedemic #26. This event should be placed at the top of the list. This disease still affects many today. It is is world known disease and is very deadly if not handled and treated porperly. This disease still has no known cure.


On the List of 100 top stories I was shocked to find that the Holocaust of Germany was at #7. The findings of concentration camps should have been very important.Thousands of Jews were beong killed eveyday in a massive genocide. That story should be atleast #2 on the article list. Another story I was surprized to see at the bottom of this list was the Civil rights march in Washington, D.C.: Martin Luther King gives "I Have A Dream" speech. 1963. #50. This event in hisory changed millions of lives or ever. This was a timne when Blacks and Whites got together for a common cause. They wanted to end the feud between the races. I think this should have least made it to spot number 3 in my mind.

No comments: